Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Redroom




We live in family student housing at the U, and we are loving it. It's been such a wonderful experience for our family. We have become major fans of the basketball team, and they did pretty good this year.
Well the reason why I started to talk about where we live was for a reason. After people graduate, and get new jobs they have to move out of these apartments because only students can live here. So when people move out they put things that may be a "treasure" to someone else on the sidewalk by the dumpster instead of throwing it away. I love these people........yes I'm the person who loves to take these "treasures" home.

I have found so many good things. One was a clock still in the box with brand new batteries in it. I also found a nice desk, white vanity stand, and one of those shelves that go over the toilet. My latest treasure is a headboard. The first time I laid my eyes on it I saw the potential it had to be a cute headboard in my bedroom. I took it home and painted it black, and I quite like it!

I just painted my bedroom victorian red, and the black headboard looks pretty good with the red.


3 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow, you found that out by the dumpster? That's awesome. Me and James have taken a few things as well. We got an ironing board and a vacuum! And probably more stuff that I can't think of. Love your room!

The Hirschi's said...

Good Find!! Your room looks super cute!

Brooke said...

T, Way to go Miss Martha Stewart!!
I really can't believe you found that by the dumpster either?!?!
I love doing stuff like this too...our king size bed is from a store called Uncle Bucks (kind of a second hand store)here in Mesquite... got it 6 years ago, had potential and I also painted it black. I love the look of your new room!!!